Sonar4 and Sonar5-Pro post processing tools
Background: Lindem Data Acquisition has developed post processing software for echo sounders since 1975. It started with HADAS (Hydro Acoustic Data Acquisition System) for the Simrad EY-M echo sounder, - followed by the EP500 post processing system for Simrad 500. In 2002 Sonar4 & 5 were introduced to handle both single- and multiple beam and frequency systems. Since then these programs have been regularly upgraded and developed in close dialog with users from around the world.
User friendly: Both systems have user guides helping the operator through all steps - from survey planning to preparations of data presented in the final report.
Sonar 4 is an easy to use biomass estimation tool for fish, plankton, and macrophytes / bottom vegetation. It is designed mainly for mobile vertical applications based on data from single and split beam echo sounders operating on one frequency.
Sonar 5–Pro is a sophisticated software with four powerful analysis branches:
- Biomass and macrophyte estimation.
- Tracking and classification for counting and behavior studies.
- Bottom classification.
- Deep insight in data and the physics behind (intensity and phase plots, ray tracing etc.).
Sonar5-pro is designed for all applications – mobile, fixed, vertical, and horizontal. It covers multi frequencies and frequency based classification. Regression libraries enable Sonar5-Pro to produce not only abundance, TS, Sv and Sa estimates, but also length and weight distributions and total biomass.
Patented detectors and trackers have made Sonar5-Pro famous for its ability to handle difficult and noisy data. Special algorithms are available for removing noise such as interference from other echo sounders and cavitation. Image analysis command language is available and enables the advanced operator to design new analysis methods and noise cleaning routines.
What is it?
SonarX is a scientific echo sounder post processing tool working with single and split beam echo sounders. It is the result of more than 13 years research and development. SonarX consist of two different systems.
Suited for Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Mobile surveys and Fixed locations, Vertical, and Horizontal beaming, Range 2000m. Can do Behavior studies, Biomass estimation, Tracking, Data insight, Classification, Statistics, Maps, Pictures, Cross-filter, Single echo, Bottom and water current detection, Fish sizing, Oscilloscopes, 3D-Amp and phase diagrams, Ray tracing, Transducer position prediction etc. Patented methods push the noise levels.
Easy to use, fast and accurate
The system has been designed by scientists working with echo sounders. Scientists around the world have contributed with a vast number of methods and ideas. This has led to a system that really does the job in an easy, fast and accurate way.
- Scalable Survey Overview map with events.
- Auto paging
- Number of channels extended from 6 to 99
- Cavitations noise suppression
- Echo sounder interference suppression
- New Integram window with sL and sailed distance
- Improved Frequency response threshold
- Changing TVG with preserve erased echoes
- New export bottom and GPS routine
- Improved 3D echogram
- DIDSON manual and auto tracker, intelligent ruler, background suppression, MC and MI echograms, ddf 4 file format is also implemented.
- NMEA editor
- Software guided analysis (SGA) following the new standard operation procedure for the Great lakes. See Analysis /SGA. New analysis control dialog with layer options for lake Victoria. Graphic bottom detection test and correction method and much more.
- Dynamic sound speed and absorption coefficient has been implemented. See Analysis/Pre analysis/Sound profile correction.
- The Oscilloscope can now present sample size distributions, sigma, removed TVG, subtract passive noise and find detection range.
- New survey map highlight the part of transect presented in the current echogram and connect additional data such as CTD and catch data to transects. The map is finished and tested but more tools may be included.
- Ready: RGB-echograms and classification maps, Flat bottom echograms, Upside down echograms, Macrophyte analysis (See downloads )